Carson City Sheriff’s Log:
September 26, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 10:03 p.m.: A 24-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 200 block of Fleischmann Way on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:06 p.m.: A 43-year-old transient was arrested in the 800 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 12:20 a.m.: Michael Lee Stammer, 37, of Washoe Valley was arrested at Walmart on suspicion of petit larceny, as well as on a felony parole and probation hold. According to his arrest report, Stammer and another person tried to leave the store with a shopping car full of items without paying. No bail was set on the felony count.
• 8:25 p.m.: A 22-year-old Reno woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on an arrest-of-probationer warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 6:15 p.m.: Nicholas Benton Schroeder, 33, a transient, was arrested in the 3600 block of North Carson Street on a felony fugitive-from-justice warrant and a petit-larceny warrant. According to his arrest report, Schroeder walked out of Save Mart with a pack of beer without paying, then struggled with a security guard who eventually detained him. No bail was set on the felony count.
• 12:53 p.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Rhodes and Curry streets on a criminal-contempt warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• 7:31 a.m.: A 26-year-old Reno man was arrested in the 500 block of Sandstone Drive on suspicion of violation of a protection order. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 12:23 a.m.: A 55-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 400 block of East Park Street on suspicion of first-offense domestic battery and ex-felon failure to register. Bail was set at $3,150.
• 5 a.m.: Kevin Patrick Mullen, 25, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony battery by a prisoner. According to his arrest report, Mullen was joking with another inmate and became angry, then entered the man's cell the next morning and punched the man in the mouth. Bail was set at $20,000.
• 11:24 a.m.: Michael Francis Galloway, 56, of Washoe Valley was arrested in the 3800 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony grand larceny of a motor vehicle, driving with a suspended license, fictitious registration and no proof of insurance, as well as a contempt-of-court warrant. According to Galloway's arrest report, a deputy ran the plates on the 1992 Ford Explorer he was driving, and they belonged to a different vehicle. The deputy stopped Galloway, and he reportedly said the car belonged to an acquaintance of his, and that he hadn't known the plates didn't match the vehicle. The deputy called the friend, who said he'd allowed Galloway to work on the vehicle about a month earlier but hadn't given him permission to take it.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition