Carson City Sheriff’s Log:
October 10, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 11:23 p.m.: Brandon Dennis Pear, 32, of Carson City, was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a felony theft warrant and gross misdemeanor possession of burglary tools warrant out of East Fork Township Justice Court. Bail was set at $3,500.
• 3:20 p.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on the corner of Reeves Street and Edmonds Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and a failure-to-comply warrant out of Reno Township Justice Court. The woman allegedly struck a man in the forearm with a set of barbecue tongs. Bail was set at $4,067.
• 3:58 p.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1000 block of Latigo Drive on suspicion of first-offense domestic battery. She allegedly got into a struggle with a minor over a computer and reportedly pushed and scratched her. The minor was also taken into custody. Bail was set at $3,132.
2:15 p.m.: Larry Gene Singer, 62, of Carson City, was arrested at the Carson City Jail after turning himself in on a felony possession of a controlled substance warrant out of Carson City Justice Court. His bail was set at $2,500.
• 1:58 p.m.: Michelle Rene Scott, 45, of Carson City, was arrested in the 2600 block of Nye Lane on suspicion of felony domestic battery with strangulation. Scott allegedly struck a man in the face with a stove burner grate and choked him on Oct. 7. She reported that the man had hit, scratched and bitten her. Bail was set at $15,000.
• 3:05 a.m.: A 35-year-old landscaper from Reno was arrested in the 4300 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. The man reportedly entered a convenience store and asked the clerk to call 911. However, once the phone was dialed the man refused to speak to dispatchers. When police arrived, he allegedly stated that a man was on the roof of a nearby SUV trying to shoot him. The responding officer reported that the roof was covered in a layer of dust that had not been disturbed, and there was no other evidence to support the story of a shooter. The suspect allegedly admitted to using methamphetamine earlier in the day, when his normal drug of choice is cocaine. Bail was set at $242.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.