Carson City Sheriff’s Log: California man arrested on multiple drug counts
November 8, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 10:35 p.m.: A 25-year-old Paradise, Calif., man was arrested at Long and Park streets on suspicion of possession of a prescription drug without a prescription, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, turn signal required and failure to stop at stop sign. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy saw his vehicle run a stop sign and pulled him over. The man reportedly appeared nervous, and the deputy called in a drug-detection K9. The deputy reportedly found marijuana in a bag and two small prescription bottles, more than 50 tablets of the antidepressant bupropion, two tablets of the muscle relaxer cyclobenzaprine, five marijuana pipes with residue on them and a pill cutter with white residue. The man reportedly admitted that he sometimes sells pills to make money. Bail was set at $4,575.
• 4:57 p.m.: A 39-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 200 block of South Harbin Street on suspicion of obstructing, child endangerment, trespassing and ex-felon failure to register, as well as on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Also arrested was a 32-year-old Carson City woman, on suspicion of obstructing. According to their arrest reports, Special Enforcement Team deputies learned that the man was at a home in the area and had a warrant. A deputy reportedly got a search warrant to enter an apartment to search for the man, and the man didn't reply at first when deputies called out to him in the apartment. The woman, his girlfriend, reportedly arrived at the apartment and tried to push past a deputy; she was taken to the ground and handcuffed. Bail for the man was set at $4,300. Bail for the woman was set at $300.
• 2:06 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Woodside and Sharon drives on suspicion of careless driving and no valid driver's license. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy saw him pull into U.S. Highway 50 East in front of heavy traffic and almost cause a crash. The deputy pulled the man over, and the man reportedly gave multiple birth dates and said he was set to be deported to El Salvador next week. Bail was set at $250.
• 3:55 p.m.: A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested at U.S. Highway 50 East and Edmonds Drive on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 3 p.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3300 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 5:21 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3500 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, fictitious registration, no license in possession, open container in vehicle and no proof of insurance. Also arrested was a 44-year-old Carson City man, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. According to their arrest reports, a Special Enforcement Team deputy saw a vehicle with an expired tag that had clearly been altered. The woman reportedly acknowledged she had altered the tag and consented to a vehicle search. A drug-detection K9 was called in, and the deputy reportedly found a suspected methamphetamine pipe with residue, a marijuana pipe with residue, a small amount of marijuana and a small, open bottle of tequila. Bail for the woman was set at $2,775. Bail for the man was set at $2,000.
• 2:41 p.m.: Miguel Fuentes-Lopez, 19, of Reno was arrested at Russell Way and U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony providing false ID to avoid prosecution, as well as on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. According to Fuentes-Lopez's arrest report, a deputy saw the vehicle he was in change lanes without signaling and cut off another vehicle. Fuentes-Lopez was in the backseat and reportedly said he didn't know his Social Security number because he is in the United States on a temporary visa. At the jail, he reportedly told the deputy he'd given him his brother's name. Bail was set at $8,000.
• 12:10 p.m.: A 49-year-old transient was arrested in the 4100 block of Hillview Drive on suspicion of an alternative sentencing violation. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy arrived in the area after receiving a report of two men trespassing. The man said he was allowed on the property, and the deputy learned of his alternative sentencing conditions and asked the man if he'd been drinking; he reportedly said he had. He reportedly had 0.20 blood-alcohol content. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:56 p.m.: A 26-year-old transient was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a possession-of-drug-paraphernalia warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.