Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Carson City man arrested in alleged dispute with neighbor
March 5, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 12:31 a.m.: A 63-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of South Division Street on suspicion of disturbing the peace. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was called to the location because of a dispute between neighbors. A woman said she'd been walking to her bed, and the man in the apartment below began banging on the roof with what she thought was a broom stick and continued to yell and curse. The man reportedly continued to yell as the deputy questioned him, then eventually said he'd stop bothering the woman. The deputy heard the man bang on walls and yell again as soon as he left, and the woman said she wanted to press charges. The man reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.253. Bail was set at $100.
• 3:25 p.m.: A 42-year-old Gardnerville woman and a 51-year-old Gardnerville man were arrested in the 400 block of Lee Street on suspicion of battery and trespass. According to their arrest reports, a deputy arrived on a report of battery, and a resident said the pair had arrived uninvited and that the man was there to collect bond money he'd posted on the resident's behalf. The resident said she had no money, and that the pair followed her into her bedroom and attacked her. The man and woman told the deputy they had arrived to collect money but denied attacking the woman. The woman reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.139, and the man, 0.141.
• 5:56 p.m.: Steven Gilbert Castro, 20, of Yuba City, Calif., was arrested there on a felony material-witness warrant and a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $53,000.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water