Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Las Vegas woman arrested on felony grand-larceny warrant
April 25, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 12:38 p.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1700 block of Russell Way on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $500.
• 11:41 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3300 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of insurance required, driving with a suspended license and tail lamps required, as well as on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Reno. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy pulled her over because she had a brake light out, then learned of the warrant. Total bail was set at $2,125.
• 4:20 p.m.: Kenneth Case, 31, of Carson City was arrested in the 300 block of East William Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing an officer. According to Case's arrest report, a deputy pulled him over and knew he had a warrant. Case reportedly refused to obey commands and initially refused to unlock his door. He reportedly struggled as deputies tried to handcuff him, and a deputy saw a balloon on the driver's seat that appeared to be heroin packaging. Total bail was set at $3,800.
• 2 p.m.: Amanda Jones, 36, of Auburn, Calif., was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a felony grand-larceny warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $25,000.
• 2 p.m.: A 41-year-old Las Vegas woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on two failure-to-appear/traffic warrants, one out of Carson City and one out of Hawthorne Township. Total bail was set at $3,253.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat