Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man, 18, arrested on suspicion of DUI
November 26, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 7:12 p.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3800 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of first-degree arson, a felony, and first-degree domestic battery. According to the woman's arrest report, she became angry when her boyfriend didn't bring her cigarettes from the store, then destroyed property in the home they were in and set a fire. Total bail was set at $43,000. The Appeal is not naming the women because that could identify the alleged victim.
• 9 p.m.: A 50-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:31 p.m.: Jacob Katsaris, 18, of Carson City was arrested at Carson Street and Snyder Avenue on suspicion of DUI-first offense, minor consuming/possessing alcohol, unlicensed driver, open container, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal left turn and obstructing/resisting. According to Katsaris' arrest report, a deputy saw him cut across three lanes, then accelerate rapidly. He reportedly had a smoking pipe that smelled of burnt marijuana and gave a false name, then fled after another deputy arrived. He was caught and refused to perform sobriety tests. Total bail was set at $2,740. Also arrested was Katsaris' passenger, Tim Edwin Jacobsen, 19, of Minden, on suspicion of felony possessing ID of another to avoid prosecution, allowing an unlicensed driver to operate vehicle and minor consuming/possessing alcohol.
• 7:05 p.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 200 block of Jeanell Drive on suspicion of disorderly conduct. According to his arrest report, an apartment owner called the Sheriff's Office saying he wanted him gone. The man reportedly repeatedly yelled obscenities when deputies arrived, and at the jail, he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.311 percent. Bail was set at $150.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs