Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested at jail on felony meth count
January 28, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 11:37 p.m.: Brandon Andrew Yonkers, 20, of Carson City was arrested in the 1900 block of Newman Place on suspicion of a felony probation violation. According to Yonkers' arrest report, a deputy encountered him after hearing a report about a suspicious person. No bail was set.
• 7:36 p.m.: A 24-year-old Carson City man was arrested at South Carson Street and Fairview Drive on a criminal-contempt warrant. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy saw him driving at 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Bail was set at $500.
• 4:12 p.m.: A 24-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Stewart Street and Wright Way on a criminal-contempt warrant. According to the woman's arrest report, a deputy saw her using her cell phone while driving, and she didn't have a driver's license or proof of insurance. Bail was set at $340.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:41 a.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 100 block of East Hampton Drive on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 4:34 a.m.: Jermaine Jardon, 28, a transient, was arrested in the 400 block of East Park Street on suspicion of felony domestic battery with strangulation, as well as misdemeanor domestic battery. Total bail was set at $18,000.
• 3:01 a.m.: Ryan Smith, 24, of Carson City was arrested at Long Street and Saliman Road on suspicion of DUI-drugs (first offense) and possession of dangerous drugs without a prescription. According to Smith's arrest report, he hit a parked vehicle in a casino parking lot and had just left the vehicle when the arresting deputy arrived. Smith reportedly showed impairment on field sobriety tests, and the deputy saw green coloring on his tongue consistent with recent marijuana use. At the jail, a deputy reportedly found oxycodone, a painkiller, and aprolazepam, an anti-anxiety medication, in Smith's pocket.
• 12:16 a.m.: Tyler Jerome Bennett, 46, was arrested in the 1500 block of Firebox Road on suspicion of DUI-first offense, failure to maintain a single lane and no valid driver's license. According to Bennett's arrest report, a deputy saw him buying alcohol, and he appeared very intoxicated. The deputy reportedly then saw him cross the yellow median line on the road twice and pulled him over. He reportedly had a preliminary blood-alcohol level of 0.23 percent.
• 8:29 p.m.: Eddie Juarez Leon, 42, of Carson City was arrested in the 800 block of East Fifth Street on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• 7:15 p.m.: A 55-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of arrest of probationer. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 7:45 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 900 block of Woodside Drive on an arrest-of-probationer warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 11:35 a.m.: A 45-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 400 block of West Applegate Way on suspicion of violation of conditions. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 12:13 p.m.: Steven Ostrander, 55, of Carson City was arrested at Winnie Lane and Lone Mountain Drive on suspicion of DUI-first offense and right-turn violation. According to Ostrander's arrest report, a deputy pulled him over because his vehicle was emitting excessive smoke. He reportedly acknowledged having had two beers, and at the Carson City Jail his blood-alcohol level was about 0.11 percent. Bail was set at $1,040.
• 4:03 a.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 500 block of North Carson Street on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• 12:37 a.m.: Joseph Donald Madren, 37, of Carson City was arrested in the 3200 block of South Carson Street on a fugitive-from-justice warrant. No bail was set.
• 7:24 p.m.: A 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of disorderly conduct. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to a casino on a report of a fight, and the man refused to obey security officers' commands to leave. Bail was set at $237.
• 8:24 p.m.: Francisco Nunez-Garcia, 18, of Carson City was arrested in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of felony possession of more than an ounce of marijuana. According to Nunez-Garcia's arrest report, a deputy responded to a report of a possible drug deal, and Nunez-Garcia acknowledged that he had some marijuana. He then reportedly pulled a large bag of marijuana from his car's center console. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 1:02 p.m.: A 20-year-old Dayton woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• 10:35 a.m.: A 29-year-old transient was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of trespassing, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and violation of bail conditions. Also arrested was Jeremy Hyatt, 20, on suspicion of trespassing. According to the men's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to the area after a woman reported several people were in her home without her permission. The deputy reportedly found marijuana and learned the 29-year-old had a no-drugs provision according to his supervision. His total bail was set at $3,900; Hyatt's was set at $300. Hyatt then was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance. According to Hyatt's arrest report, a Carson City Jail intake employee found suspected methamphetamine when booking him, and he acknowledged that the substance was meth. Bail on that count was set at $2,500.
• 1:10 p.m.: A 44-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Butti Way and Fairview Drive on an embezzlement warrant. Bail was set at $1,604.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.