Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on dangerous-weapon count
April 19, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 1:37 p.m.: A 43-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1100 block of Roop Street on suspicion of possession of a dangerous weapon, basic speeding 16-20 mph over and driving with a suspended license, as well as two failure-to-appear warrants. According to the man's arrest report, he was pulled over for speeding, and the arresting deputy learned of the warrants. A search later turned up a metal baton in the man's driver's-side-door pocket, and the deputy told him it was considered a dangerous weapon. Total bail was set at $5,342.
• 8:52 a.m.: A 31-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Oregon and Roop streets on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $390.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’