Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony child-pornography warrant
April 8, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Noon: John Paul Stewart, 47, of Derby, Kan., was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a felony fugitive-from-justice warrant out of Campbell County, Wyo. No bail was set.
• 2:15 p.m.: A 24-year-old Fallon man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $500.
• 1:55 p.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3100 block of Oreana Drive on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 12:41 p.m.: Krystina Dawn Mulkey, 30, of Dayton was arrested at Damon Road and South Edmonds Drive on suspicion of DUI-first offense, failure to maintain a single lane and speeding. According to Mulkey's arrest report, a woman at a retail store called to report that a possibly intoxicated woman was preparing to leave the area. A deputy followed the vehicle east on Clearview Drive and paced it as it went 40-45 mph in a 35 mph zone, then saw it cross the center line. He pulled Mulkey over, and she reportedly denied having drunk alcohol, then acknowledged she'd had eight shots of vodka, one shot of whiskey and two beers the previous night. Total bail was set at $1,085.
• 9:23 a.m.: Andrew Wayne Hamrick, 29, of Carson City was arrested in the 3000 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on a felony possession/distribution-of-child-pornography warrant out of Las Vegas. According to Hamrick's arrest report, deputies learned he'd be driving from Dayton to Carson City about 10 a.m., then stopped him and removed him from his vehicle at gunpoint. No bail was set.
• 5:15 p.m.: A 39-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on three failure-to-appear warrants out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $3,000.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.