Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony drug-possession count
December 28, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 9:23 a.m.: John Daniel Christy, 45, of Carson City was arrested in the 2000 block of East William Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, expired registration, no proof of insurance and driver's license revoked for DUI. According to Christy's arrest report, a deputy checked his registration while on patrol and learned it was expired. While taking inventory of the vehicle, the deputy reportedly found a pouching containing a glass tube with a bulb end in the center console, as well as a bag containing a substance resembling methamphetamine. He also reportedly found a leafy substance resembling marijuana in the man's gloves. Total bail was set at $5,725.
• 10:26 p.m.: Clarence Jones, 30, of Hawthorne was arrested in the 400 block of North Carson Street on a felony parole-and-probation hold. According to Jones' arrest report, a deputy encountered him while dealing with a separate group of unruly people at a casino. A dispatcher confirmed the hold. No bail was set.
• 10:50 p.m.: A 38-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1400 block of North Edmods Drive on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. According to the man's arrest report, deputies were dispatched on a report of a person fighting with his neighbors. The man reportedly was bleeding and said others had "beat him up," and the deputy discovered the warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 6:07 p.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 100 block of Corbett Street on suspicion of violation of pretrial conditions. According to the woman's arrest report, deputies were dispatched to the location on a report of a verbal dispute. The woman reportedly initially wouldn't let them in, then eventually opened the door. She reportedly smelled strongly of alcohol — drinking is a violation of her alternative-sentencing agreement — and there were beer cans all over the apartment. Her blood-alcohol level was 0.139
• 1:15 p.m.: A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.