Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony drug-possession count
January 3, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 4:19 a.m.: Manuel Francisco Santos, 41, of Hayward, Calif., was arrested at South Carson and Stewart streets on suspicion of DUI-first offense. According to Santos’ arrest report, a deputy saw him going 42 mph in a 25 mph zone and noticed he had no rear license plate. Santos reportedly smelled strongly of alcohol and said he’d had two beers. A preliminary breath test reportedly revealed Santos’ blood-alcohol level was well above the legal limit for drivers of 0.08. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 3:25 a.m.: Paul John Bekakis Jr., 29, of Carson City was arrested at Sixth and Carson streets on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell. According to Bekakis’ arrest report, a deputy pulled him over, and he refused to consent to a search. A drug-sniffing dog indicated during an exterior search and the vehicle contained drugs, and a deputy reportedly found marijuana in the center console, a as well as a duffel bag containing what appeared to be marijuana and a digital scale. Bail was set at $5,000.
• 2:48 a.m.: A 29-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Telegraph and Plaza streets on two violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrants. Total bail was set at $2,000.
• 1:27 a.m.: A 47-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of battery. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 4 p.m.: A 21-year-old Reno woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant. No bail was set.
• 4 a.m.: A 35-year-old Dayton man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on two failure-to-appear warrants. Total bail was set at $1,698.
• 12:29 p.m.: A 70-year-old Minden man was arrested in the 5600 block of South Carson Street on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $15,000.
• 6:43 p.m.: A 44-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3100 block of Bunch Way on a warrant. Bail was set at $215.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.