Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony embezzlement warrant
January 3, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 3:21 p.m.: Eric Anthony Weber, 42, was arrested at Mark Way and Shady Tree Lane on five fraudulent-use-of-a-credit-card warrants, a conspiracy warrant and a probation-violation warrant. A deputy went to the area on a report of suspicious circumstances and reportedly saw Weber lying behind a rock. Total bail was set at $33,000.
• 6:57 p.m.: Michael Paul Laclaire, 32, of Carson City was arrested in the 3600 block of East Nye Lane on a felony embezzlement warrant and an arrest-of-probationer warrant, as well as on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense. Total bail was set at $7,200.
• 6:05 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 400 block of Hot Springs Road on a contempt-of-court warrant. According to the man's arrest report, he called dispatchers to report a man was yelling for help in Lone Mountain Cemetery. He identified himself, and dispatchers learned he had a warrant. Deputies searched the mountain area of the cemetery but were unable to find anyone, then went to the man's home. He reportedly was asked why he'd call police knowing he had a warrant, and he said it was the right thing to do because he feared the other man's life was in danger. Bail was set at $500.
• 2:53 p.m.: Benjamin Everette Sowda, 31, a transient, was arrested in the 1800 block of East Long Street on five warrants for felony fraudulent use of a credit card and one warrant for conspiracy to fraudulently use a credit card. According to Sowda's arrest report, a deputy saw him riding a bicycle and knew about the warrants. Sowda reportedly screamed obscenities at the deputies as he was arrested. Total bail was set at $30,000.
• 2:18 p.m.: Geoffrey Paul Larson, 21, of Carson City was arrested in the 1100 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on an alternative-sentencing warrant. According to Larson's arrest warrant, a deputy approached him and he gave permission for a search, then told the deputy he had methamphetamine in his pocket. The deputy reportedly found the meth, as well as a pipe, in the pocket. Total bail was set at $6,500.
• 2:23 p.m.: Cheri Kvasnicka, 27, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a failure-to-appear warrant. No bail was set.
• 2:23 p.m.: Matthew Patellos, 22, of Mound House was arrested at College Parkway and Otha Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on a warrant. According to Patellos' arrest report, a deputy pulled him over for having a broken windshield, then discovered the warrant. The deputy called in a drug-sniffing dog, which reportedly alerted him to the presence of narcotics during an exterior search. A deputy reportedly found about 1 gram of methamphetamine and a glass pipe in the vehicle. Total bail was set at $4,440.
• 4:29 p.m.: A 69-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 400 block of East Park Street on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $223. Also arrested was a 67-year-old Carson City man, on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $740.
• 8:37 p.m.: A 37-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 2200 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy pulled over a driver because his vehicle's tail light was out. A dispatcher told the deputy about the driver's warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs.