Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony fugitive-from-justice warrant
January 16, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 1:53 a.m.: Vallaniece Rachelle Olive, 33, of Carson City was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of first-degree domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:58 p.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of a probation violation. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to the area on a report of a possible DUI. The deputy learned that the man was on alternative sentencing and has a no-alcohol clause. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.06. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:15 p.m.: Nicholas Schroeder, 34, of Carson City was arrested in the 100 block of College Parkway on a felony fugitive-from-justice warrant, as well as on suspicion of possession of marijuana. According to Schroeder's arrest report, deputies were dispatched to the location after receiving an anonymous tip. He reportedly attempted to flee and was tackled. Deputies reportedly saw an open pill bottle, several buds of marijuana and a small marijuana pipe on a table. No bail was set.
• 3:20 p.m.: Toby Mays, 43, of Carson City was arrested in the 1600 block of Brown Street on a felony grand-larceny warrant. Bail was set at $10,000.
• 12:55 p.m.: A 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 200 block of David Street on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:40 a.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Carson and Stewart streets on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $215.
• 12:53 p.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Ponderosa Drive and Roland Street on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $227.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.