Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on felony stolen-property warrant
April 21, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 3:58 p.m.: A 56-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested at U.S. Highway 50 East and U.S. 580 on suspicion of felony preventing a victim from reporting a crime, domestic battery and open container of alcohol. Total bail was set at $13,100.
• 11:21 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at South Carson and Third streets on suspicion of violation of a suspended sentence. According to the woman’s arrest report, a deputy saw her walking in the road and asked if she’d been drinking. He reportedly smelled alcohol on her breath and learned that the woman’s alternative-sentencing agreement barred her from drinking alcohol. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 8:29 a.m.: A 50-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1800 block of North Carson Street on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City, as well as a warrant out of Dayton. Total bail was set at $950.
9:45 p.m.: Keith Wayne Furr, 51, was arrested on a felony possession-of-stolen-property warrant. Also arrested was Melanie Sandomierski, on suspicion of harboring a fugitive and possession of a controlled substance.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City