Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on ICE hold after alleged child abuse
October 25, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 9:10 p.m.: Israel Jacobo-Perez, 27, of Carson City was arrested at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold. According to his arrest report, deputies were dispatched to the hospital on a child-abuse report. No bail was set.
• 2:32 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 300 block of David Street on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $350.
• 10:20 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Fifth Street and Harbin Avenue on a warrant for obtaining money under false pretenses. Bail was set at $500.
• 9:19 p.m.: A 43-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Valley and Robinson streets on a contempt-of-court warrant, as well as on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia. According to his arrest report, a deputy was dispatched on a report of illegal drug activity. He reportedly found a small, used marijuana pipe in the man’s pocket. Bail was set at $1,500.
• 12:32 p.m.: A 56-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Fifth Street and Saliman Road on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $837.
• 8:50 a.m.: Juan Castro, 27, of Dayton was arrested in the 400 block of V&T Way on a felony embezzlement warrant. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 12:30 p.m.: Donald Lee Bigpond, 30 of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of two counts of felony battery on a prison guard. According to his arrest report, Bigpond struck a captain once and a sergeant twice as they were trying to subdue him. Bail was set at $30,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.