Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of felony use of false ID
January 17, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 4:10 a.m.: Michael McKnight, 29, of Carson City was arrested at Highway 395 and Old Clear Creek Road on suspicion of felony use of false ID to avoid prosecution, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of a suspended sentence. According to McKnight’s arrest report, a deputy saw him drive by without headlights and pulled him over. The deputy reportedly asked McKnight if there was anything illegal in the car, then called in a drug-sniffing dog. The dog reportedly alerted the deputy to the center console, where the deputy found a small plastic container with marijuana inside, a scale and a glass pipe. Once he was in the deputy’s patrol car, McKnight acknowledged he’d initially given a false name. Total bail was set at $12,600.
• 12:59 a.m.: A 30-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1800 block of East Long Street on suspicion of disorderly conduct. According to the man’s arrest report, he approached an apartment where his ex-girlfriend was, screaming profanities. He reportedly told the deputy that he couldn’t promise he’d stop yelling and that things would get worse, and 20 minutes later, he struck the wall next to the apartment’s front door and continued to yell profanities. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19 at the Carson City Jail. Bail was set at $150.
• 4:30 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 900 block of East Fifth Street on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• 3:30 p.m.: A 52-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 2000 block of West College Parkway on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016