Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Pair arrested for allegedly trying to steal from Walmart
January 6, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 9:58 p.m.: A 31-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Walmart on Market Street on suspicion of petty larceny and a probation violation, and her 32-year-old male companion was also arrested on suspicion of petty larceny. According to their arrest reports, a deputy was dispatched to the store on a report of two people running from security after shoplifting. Store security workers caught the woman and said they'd seen her take a pair of gloves and a beanie. She reportedly told workers she was cold and didn't have any money to buy the items. A deputy found the man walking in the area of a bike path between Northridge Drive and College Parkway and stopped him. He reportedly had stolen a bottle of liquor and didn't have it with him. Total bail was set at $3,250 for the woman and $250 for the man.
• 12:30 a.m.: Kirt Deforest, 54, of Dayton was arrested at South Deer Run Road and Sedge Way on suspicion of DUI-second offense. According to Deforest's arrest report, a deputy saw him fail to maintain a lane of travel and smelled alcohol on his breath after pulling him over. Deforest reportedly showed signs of impairment on field sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol level of about 0.17. Deforest's previous DUI conviction was in March 2007 in Lyon County. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 1:40 p.m.: Stephanie Pilar Troklus, 22, of Carson City was arrested on a felony parole and probation violation. No bail was set.
Recommended Stories For You
• 7:20 p.m.: A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Carson Meadows Drive and Alouette Way on a contempt-of-court warrant. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to the location on a report of a man standing on a building's roof. Bail was set at $500.
• 11:08 p.m.: Russell Hughes, 45, of Carson City was arrested at Curry and Robinson streets on suspicion of DUI-first offense and driving the wrong way on a one-way street. According to Hughes' arrest report, he showed signs of impairment during field sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol level of about 0.12 at the jail. Total bail was set at $1,040.
• 11:55 p.m.: A 20-year-old Fallon woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 4:41 p.m.: A 45-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 5600 block of South Carson Street on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $215.
• 7:10 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1100 block of Cedar Drive on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 9:44 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 100 block of College Parkway on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $740.
• 9:50 p.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 300 block of South Carson Meadows Drive on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to the area on a report of a fight. The man reportedly told the deputy that the dispute was verbal only. Bail was set at $172.
• 11:15 p.m.: A 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $1,265.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 injured in deputy involved shooting outside Carson Nugget
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Teri’s Notebook: Carson City community rallies around man who had bike stolen
- Fremont Elementary eliminates early drop-offs
- HopeFULL environment at 7th annual Carson Tahoe HopeFest