Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Pair arrested on suspicion of DUI, felony probation violation
October 15, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 12 a.m.: A 23-year-old transient was arrested in the 1600 block of Medical Parkway on suspicion of trespassing. Bail was set at $150.
• 5:27 p.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Walmart on suspicion of petit larceny and disorderly conduct, and a 34-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny and violation of a suspended sentence. One allegedly left without paying for $37.43 worth of merchandise; the other allegedly took $41.67 worth of items. Bail was set at $500 for the 26-year-old and $1,250 for the 34-year-old.
Recommended Stories For You
• 11:30 p.m.: Juan Ordaz-Hernandez, 32, of Carson City was arrested in the 5200 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of DUI-second offense and driving with a revoked license. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 1:44 a.m.: A 49-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 100 block of East Telegraph Street on two alternative-sentencing-violation warrants. He reportedly was drinking at a bar, in violation of his alternative sentence, and appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Bail was set at $6,000.
• 6:01 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $1,000. Also arrested was a 19-year-old Carson City man, on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $242.
• 11:36 p.m.: A 75-year-old transient was arrested at McDonald's on North Carson Street on suspicion of trespassing. She reportedly had trespassed there before numerous times and was asking for free food at businesses, then refusing to leave until paramedics came to look at her hurting foot. Bail was set at $150.
• 8:49 p.m.: Eric Scott Brown, 37, of San Jose was arrested at West Telegraph and Curry streets on suspicion of DUI-first offense and open container of alcohol. A deputy and a sergeant pulled him over and reported seeing an open can of what was thought to be beer on the dashboard. Brown reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of .230, nearly three times the legal limit for drivers. Bail was set at $1,100.
• 8:26 p.m.: A 27-year-old Lafayette, Calif., man was arrested in the 400 block of South Saliman Road on suspicion of failure to appear and obstructing an officer. Bail was set at $1,100.
• 3:38 p.m.: Blake Brandenburg, 52, of Carson City was arrested at Fairview Drive and East Fifth Street on suspicion of DUI first-offense and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. According to Brandenburg's arrest report, a deputy saw him taking photos of C Hill while driving on the shoulder. The deputy stopped him and reportedly smelled alcohol, and Brandenburg registered a .10 blood-alcohol level.
• 4:13 a.m.: Ricardo Vazquez Herrera, 23, of South Lake Tahoe was arrested at Douglas and Siskiyou drives on suspicion of DUI-first offense. Also arrested was David Herrera, 29, of Carson City, on suspicion of a felony probation violation. According to their arrest reports, David Herrera has a blood-alcohol level of .182, in violation of his probation. Ricardo Herrera failed field sobriety tests. Bail was set at $1,000 for Ricardo Herrera; no bail was set for David Herrera.
• 11:33 p.m.: A 49-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct. He reportedly was banging on a neighbor's door and yelling because the neighbor had earlier called the Sheriff's Office about him. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of .251. Bail was set at $150.
• 8 p.m.: A 52-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1600 block of Brown Street on suspicion of arrest of probationer. According to her arrest report, she was seen yelling at passing cars and at children playing in the street. Her alternative sentencing requires her to avoid alcohol; she reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of .273. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.