Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Prisoner allegedly punches another prisoner
January 8, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
2:55 a.m.: A 32-year-old Mound House man was arrested in the 1800 block of North Edmonds Drive on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on a possession-of-less-than-an-ounce-of-marijuana warrant. According to the man’s arrest report, a deputy recognized him at a casino and learned of the warrant. Total bail was set at $2,532.
• 3:52 p.m.: Billy Darrell Harris, 67, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony battery by a prisoner. According to the arrest report, another prisoner said Harris had been arguing with him and using racial slurs toward him, then challenged him to a fight when he asked Harris to stop. Harris reportedly said he’d stood up and punched the other prisoner in the face. Bail was set at $30,000.
• 3:07 p.m.: A 40-year-old Dayton woman was arrested at Carson and 10th streets on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $500.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City