Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Reported gang member arrested for alleged registration violation
March 14, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 4:43 p.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3200 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on suspicion of ex-felon failure to register and failure to maintain lane. According to the man’s arrest report, a deputy pulled him over for crossing the center line and fog line three times and recognized him as a suspect in a graffiti case, as well as the leader of a gang. The deputy previously had gone to the home where the man was registered as living and learned he hadn’t been there for several weeks. Total bail was set at $190.
• 12:35 p.m.: Verlyn Lorn Gray, 74, of Carson City was arrested at Arrowhead Drive and Bowers Lane on suspicion of DUI-first offense. According to Gray’s arrest report, a deputy responded to a report of a man driving erratically and knocking over several mailboxes. Gray reportedly showed impairment on field sobriety tests. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 11:22 p.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1400 block of East William Street on suspicion of obstructing and minor consuming alcohol. According to the man’s arrest report, a deputy responded to the location on a report of a man behaving strangely, yelling and jumping up and down. The man reportedly refused to provide identification, said he was going to record the conversation and asked for the deputy’s name and badge number. The deputy smelled alcohol on the man, who reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.054. Total bail was set at $450.
• 5:05 p.m.: A 25-year-old Reno man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on two violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrants out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $3,000.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016