Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Two 18-year-olds arrested on suspicion of drag racing
June 5, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 6 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Fifth and Carson streets on two failure-to-appear traffic warrants. Bail was set at $1,278.
• 10:43 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Stewart and Telegraph streets on suspicion of DUI and no headlight. Bail was set at $1,050.
• 10:16 p.m.: Daniel Bruce Magner, 27, was arrested in the 800 block of East Musser Street on a burglary warrant. Bail was set at $20,000.
• 11:08 p.m.: Two 18-year-old Carson City men were arrested at Fifth Street and Saliman Road on suspicion of reckless driving-drag racing. Bail for each was set at $300.
• 9:40 p.m.: A 47-year-old woman was arrested in the 600 block of Carrie Drive on a battery warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• 4:13 p.m.: A 50-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of suspended registration and a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $398.
• 10:56 p.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 900 block of East Musser Street on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 7:24 a.m.: Alex Matthew Silva, 26, of Dayton was arrested in the 1000 block of Fairview Drive on suspicion of possession of medication without a prescription, possession of a controlled substance with the intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and possession of burglary tools. Bail was set at $11,600.
• 7:24 a.m.: A 28-year-old Sparks man was arrested at Fairview Drive and Kansas Street on suspicion of possession of burglary tools, no proof of insurance, no registration and driving 16-20 mph over the speed limit. Bail was set at $3,222.
• 12:11 a.m.: Thomas Steven Wers, 57, was arrested in the 2100 block of U.S. Highway East on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.