Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on Reno bad-check warrant
March 12, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 9:50 a.m.: A Carson City man was arrested at Roop and Musser streets on a failure-to-appear/traffic warrant out of Carson City.
• 2:45 p.m.: A 52-year-old man was arrested in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue on suspicion of intoxicated pedestrian and open liquor container in public. According to the man’s arrest report, a hotel manager reported that he wasn’t a guest and had tried to open one of the hotel room doors, then yelled at a maintenance worker who offered assistance. A deputy found him nearby, reportedly carrying a large can of Steel Reserve beer. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.216 percent and appeared to be under the influence of methamphetamine. Total bail was set at $80.
• 10:16 p.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 800 block of East Long Street on two failure-to-appear/traffic warrants out of Carson City, as well as on suspicion of driving with a suspended license. Total bail was set at $3,410.
• 8:58 a.m.: A 39-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $500.
• 5:03 p.m.: A 35-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Musser and Carson streets on a contempt-of-court warrant out of East Fork Township.
• 6:33 a.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Arrowhead Drive and Bowers Lane on a Reno warrant for issuance of check without sufficient funds. According to the woman’s arrest report, a deputy pulled her over after she failed to stop at a stop sign and learned of the warrant. Bail was set at $300.
Anyone with information about crimes is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.