Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on suspicion of DUI-second offense
March 28, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 10:43 a.m.: Karesa Ericka Steepe, 22, of Carson City was arrested at Stanford and Woodside drives on a violation-of-bail-conditions warrant out of Carson City. Also arrested was a 21-year-old Carson City woman, on suspicion of violation of probation, no valid driver's license and obstructing. According to their arrest reports, a Special Enforcement Team deputy learned that Steepe was hiding at her mother's home, and her mother denied she was there. Her mother then reportedly left the home in a vehicle, an unknown man left the home in a separate vehicle, and an unknown white van began circling the area. A deputy then reportedly saw Steepe run from her mother's home to the white van, which her mother followed in her vehicle as it drove away. Steepe reportedly was trying to hide in the back of the van when the deputy pulled it over. The driver was the 21-year-old Carson City woman. No bail was set for Steepe. The other woman's total bail was set at $3,400.
• 7:30 a.m.: Mariela Camacho, 45, of Carson City was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of DUI-second offense and open container. According to Camacho's arrest report, a deputy responded to a report of an intoxicated driver; the witness said she'd drunk vodka, then driven away. The deputy reportedly tracked her down and saw a bottle of vodka on the passenger-side seat of her vehicle. Camacho reportedly refused to participate in field sobriety tests, then registered a 0.187 blood-alcohol level on a breath test. Total bail was set at $2,600.
• 10:51 a.m.: A 37-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on three failure-to-appear/traffic warrants out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $1,044.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts