Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Women arrested in alleged receipt scheme at Walmart
March 3, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 9:22 a.m.: Terri Lynn Zittel, 42, of Carson City was arrested in the 300 block of Clear Creek Avenue on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of bail conditions. According to Zittel's arrest report, two deputies responding to a stolen-property report knocked on the door, and Zittel gave them permission to search the home. They reportedly found a white, powdery residue and methamphetamine pipes in the living room, then found a yellow pipe with marijuana residue in a bedroom. Total bail was set at $6,500.
• 12:23 p.m.: Two Carson City women, ages 45 and 50, were arrested at Walmart on Market Street on suspicion of obtaining money by false pretenses and conspiring to obtain money. According to their arrest reports, a deputy was called to the store on a report of larceny. The women reportedly pulled out a receipt while shopping, then picked items that matched those listed on the receipt and returned them, receiving $45.48 in return. Bail for each was set at $3,500.
• 2:31 a.m.: Ariel Norman Rayo, 23, of Carson City was arrested at North Roop and Stewart streets on suspicion of DUI-first offense and no valid driver's license. According to Rayo's arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to the area on a report of a vehicle hitting a sign. Rayo reportedly smelled strongly of alcohol and said he'd had four alcoholic drinks at a bar. He reportedly showed impairment on field sobriety tests and had a 0.149 blood-alcohol level on a partial breath test. Total bail was set at $1,100.
• 2:09 a.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Carson and Bath streets on suspicion of expired registration, driving with a suspended license and probation violation. According to the woman's arrest report, she was pulled over after a deputy learned her registration was expired. Total bail was set at $3,525.
• 8:10 p.m.: A 65-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson Nugget on suspicion of an alternative-sentencing violation. According to the man's arrest report, casino security personnel reported that a person was there who wasn't supposed to be drinking alcohol. The man reportedly acknowledged drinking three glasses of champagne and had a blood-alcohol level of 0.086.
• 11:59 p.m.: A 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center on suspicion of battery. According to the man's arrest report, fire department staffers had brought him to the hospital because he'd suffered a fall while highly intoxicated. The man reportedly became vulgar and abusive toward nurses who'd been trying to prevent him from removing his neck brace. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 5:45 p.m.: A 34-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1500 block of East Robinson Street on suspicion of violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 9:42 p.m.: Ryan Jon Smith, 25, of Carson City was arrested in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue on suspicion of felony possession of a dangerous drug without a prescription, headlights required and failure to yield or stop. According to Smith's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team sergeant was conducting surveillance in the area and saw two people enter a known drug location, then leave 10 minutes later. He followed them and pulled them over because there was no light illuminating the rear license plate. The sergeant learned Smith was on an alternative-sentencing agreement as a result of a recent DUI arrest. The sergeant had a K9 search the vehicle, and the dog didn't detect any illegal drugs. The sergeant reportedly saw 10 small, white pills in the middle of the car and recognized them as Tramadol, an opioid painkiller. Smith reportedly said he'd just bought the pills, and that he didn't have a prescription for them. Total bail was set at $2,575.
• 8:36 p.m.: James Burnside, 34, of Dayton was arrested on suspicion of a felony probation violation, as well as on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant out of Carson City. According to Burnside's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy pulled him over for having a broken tail light and learned of the warrant. No bail was set on the probation-violation count.
• 10:50 a.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on violation-of-a-suspended-sentence and contempt-of-court warrants out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $1,500.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.