Carson City Walmart clerk jailed on suspicion of embezzling $1,900
June 13, 2013
A clerk at Walmart on Market Street was arrested at 10:25 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony embezzlement.
According to the arrest report, a Walmart district manager called the Carson City Sheriff's Office about 9:30 a.m., saying clerk Amy Gladish had lost nearly $1,900 from her cash register drawer since May. He added that she had admitted taking the money.
Gladish was being held at the Carson City Jail with bail set at $20,000.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts