Carson City woman dies after ski incident at Heavenly
December 31, 2013
STATELINE — A 56-year-old Carson City woman died after an incident at Heavenly Mountain Resort on Dec. 21.
The woman, identified as Dana Tuttle by the Washoe County Coroner's Office, died the following day. Her cause of death remains under investigation.
Heavenly Ski Patrol received a call at 10:26 a.m. Dec. 21, and found Tuttle unresponsive on Tamarack Return, according to resort spokeswoman Sally Gunter. Tamarack Return is an intermediate trail at the ski resort.
Ski patrol provided advanced life support and transported Tuttle to the Sky Meadows Landing Zone where she was then transported via CalStar to Renown Regional Medical Center. Tuttle was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, Gunter said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population