Carson City woman dies after ski incident at Heavenly
December 31, 2013
STATELINE — A 56-year-old Carson City woman died after an incident at Heavenly Mountain Resort on Dec. 21.
The woman, identified as Dana Tuttle by the Washoe County Coroner's Office, died the following day. Her cause of death remains under investigation.
Heavenly Ski Patrol received a call at 10:26 a.m. Dec. 21, and found Tuttle unresponsive on Tamarack Return, according to resort spokeswoman Sally Gunter. Tamarack Return is an intermediate trail at the ski resort.
Ski patrol provided advanced life support and transported Tuttle to the Sky Meadows Landing Zone where she was then transported via CalStar to Renown Regional Medical Center. Tuttle was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, Gunter said.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary