Carson City’s next job fair is Oct. 4
September 19, 2013
The Carson City Chamber of Commerce, city government's Health & Human Services Department and Job Opportunities in Nevada are banding together to sponsor the Carson City Job Fair in the gymnasium of the Community Center, at 851 E. William St. It run from 2-5 p.m. Oct. 4.
Two previous job fairs this year resulted in at least 102 people becoming employed, 43 after the February event and 59 in the wake of the June fair, according to Lynn Ellis, work force program case manager with Health & Human Services.
She stressed that job seekers need to bring along properly prepared background information, dress to impress and avoid getting discouraged by long lines because there is an opportunity to connect with up to 50 prospective employers.
"I know that people see long lines when they arrive at the fairs," she said. "However, even with the 684 people that attended the June fair, the line moved extremely fast and everyone has the opportunity to meet prospective employers."
About 40 employers are signed up for the October fair. The limit is 50.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary