Carson City’s next job fair is Oct. 4
September 19, 2013
The Carson City Chamber of Commerce, city government's Health & Human Services Department and Job Opportunities in Nevada are banding together to sponsor the Carson City Job Fair in the gymnasium of the Community Center, at 851 E. William St. It run from 2-5 p.m. Oct. 4.
Two previous job fairs this year resulted in at least 102 people becoming employed, 43 after the February event and 59 in the wake of the June fair, according to Lynn Ellis, work force program case manager with Health & Human Services.
She stressed that job seekers need to bring along properly prepared background information, dress to impress and avoid getting discouraged by long lines because there is an opportunity to connect with up to 50 prospective employers.
"I know that people see long lines when they arrive at the fairs," she said. "However, even with the 684 people that attended the June fair, the line moved extremely fast and everyone has the opportunity to meet prospective employers."
About 40 employers are signed up for the October fair. The limit is 50.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population