Carson City’s next job fair is Oct. 4
September 19, 2013
The Carson City Chamber of Commerce, city government's Health & Human Services Department and Job Opportunities in Nevada are banding together to sponsor the Carson City Job Fair in the gymnasium of the Community Center, at 851 E. William St. It run from 2-5 p.m. Oct. 4.
Two previous job fairs this year resulted in at least 102 people becoming employed, 43 after the February event and 59 in the wake of the June fair, according to Lynn Ellis, work force program case manager with Health & Human Services.
She stressed that job seekers need to bring along properly prepared background information, dress to impress and avoid getting discouraged by long lines because there is an opportunity to connect with up to 50 prospective employers.
"I know that people see long lines when they arrive at the fairs," she said. "However, even with the 684 people that attended the June fair, the line moved extremely fast and everyone has the opportunity to meet prospective employers."
About 40 employers are signed up for the October fair. The limit is 50.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors