Carson girl to compete in pageant finals
June 24, 2012
A Carson City girl has been named a state finalist in the National American Miss Nevada Pageant, to be held next month in Las Vegas.
Seven-year-old JiaBella Divine Williams will compete in the junior pre-teen division with other Nevada girls. The overall winner of the pageant will receive a $1,000 cash award, the official crown and banner, and air travel to the national pageant in California.
In National American Miss Pageants, girls under age 12 are not allowed to wear makeup, and there is no swimsuit competition. The pageant emphasizes inner beauty, poise, presentation, self-confidence, sportsmanship and goal achievement.
JiaBella’s interests include school, hanging out at the Boys & Girls Club, dancing, singing, Glee Club and spending time with her family. She also enjoys helping other kids at the Boys & Girls Club.
She will be competing July 8 in Las Vegas.
For more information on the pageant, go to http://www.namiss.com.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts