Carson High student completes expedition
August 18, 2013
Carson High School sophomore Fritz Steinle completed a wilderness horse-packing expedition through the National Outdoor Leadership School in July.
Along with seven students, two instructors and 16 horses, Steinle traveled more than 130 miles across the Absaroka Mountains along the continental divide in Wyoming.
Steinle managed camp chores and mastered risk assessment and management, outdoor skills, expedition behavior and environmental science, according to a news release.
In addition to a National Outdoor Leadership School diploma, Steinle earned course trainer status in Leave No Trace Outdoor Skills.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition