Carson High student faces felony assault count
February 10, 2014
An 18-year-old Carson High School student was arrested in the 1300 block of Camille Drive on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon.
According to the woman’s arrest report:
A school resource officer at Carson High School heard from several administrators Friday that a student had been beaten with a baseball bat.
The officer went to the nurse’s office and saw a girl who had several abraisions on her head, face and neck. The girl said she’d been attacked by two females, and that Miette Lopez had hit her on the side of the head with a miniature baseball bat. She said she’d been having problems with Lopez since the two had been in a fight in front of the school a few weeks ago. Lopez and the girl were told then to stay away from each other.
Deputies found Lopez at her boyfriend’s home, and she said, “What about when she pulled me out of the car by my hair?”
Lopez was arrested at 3:20 p.m., and her bail was set at $30,000. She remained in the Carson City Jail on Monday night.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016