Carson man arrested for alleged felony assault on fellow inmate
October 1, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 4:17 p.m.: An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Russell Way and William Street on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, minor consuming alcohol and contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,650.
• 8:58 a.m.: A 53-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 20 block of Jeanell Drive on suspicion of injury to motor vehicle and threats. Bail was set at $750.
• 12:16 p.m.: A 36-year-old Gardnerville woman was arrested at Walmart on suspicion of petit larceny, as well as on a warrant. Bail was set at $800.
• 8:40 a.m.: Donald Lee Bigpond, 30, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of battery by a prisoner with substantial bodily harm. Bail was set at $30,000.
• 10:33 a.m.: A 31-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1700 block of Brown Street on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 7:30 a.m.: A 39-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 10:46 p.m.: A 33-year-old Stockton, Calif., woman was arrested in the 3800 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of first-degree domestic battery, obstructing a police officer and battery on a police officer. Bail was set at $8,500.
• 8:15 p.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of violation of conditions. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.