Carson man arrested for allegedly stealing from parents
December 18, 2013
A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested Monday on suspicion of grand larceny for allegedly stealing from his parents.
According to the man's arrest report:
The father of Joseph Eckert reported that Eckert is a heroin addict, and that he'd been stealing from his parents for some time. The father said he didn't know what to do but press charges after Eckert stole his tools, valued at $1,030.
A deputy went to the home where Eckert was staying and asked if Eckert knew why he was there. Eckert replied that it probably was because he'd been stealing from his parents. He added that he had a bad heroin addiction and had been stealing to feed his habit.
Eckert said he'd lost his ID, so he had two friends pawn the tools. Bail was set at $25,000 on the grand-larceny count.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition