Carson man arrested in bank robbery
May 17, 2014
A Carson City man was arrested Friday on suspicion of robbing the Plumas Bank in Kings Beach at Lake Tahoe.
Brent Muir, 55, was captured by Douglas County Sheriff's deputies after a chase that ended in south Carson City.
After leaving the bank with an undisclosed amount of money, he reportedly drove to the Sand Harbor area where federal law enforcement spotted him and asked the Nevada Highway Patrol to help arrest him.
He exited his vehicle at California Street and Industrial Park Drive south of Fairview in the capital and fled on foot, but was caught by Douglas deputies.
In the vehicle was money believed taken from the bank and a weapon.
Muir faces state charges of felony eluding an officer, reckless driving, driving without a valid license.
Charges stemming from the robbery are pending with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts