Carson man killed in motorcycle crash
March 3, 2013
A 24-year-old Carson City man was killed Saturday when he was ejected from motorcycle was driving on Geiger Grade (State Route 341).
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, about 2 p.m. the man was traveling northbound toward Reno, approximately five miles south of the junction with Highway 395, when he attempted to pass a silver Subaru Outback traveling in the same direction. The motorcycle passed the Subaru while in a no passing zone when it struck the left side of the Subaru and the rider was ejected.
The man was transported to Renown Medical Center by Care Flight where he died as a result of his injuries.
The driver of the Subaru and her two children were uninjured.
The highway was completely opened at 6:26 p.m..
This crash is being investigated by the Nevada Highway Patrol’s Major Accident Investigation Team. Witnesses to the crash are asked to contact Trooper Scott Morron at 775-689-4623, or the DPS communication center at 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person