Carson Middle School band takes top honors at festival
May 17, 2013
The Carson Middle School Advanced Band earned the sweepstakes trophy, which means it was the best band of the 11 participating, at the Music in the Parks festival competition in Sunnyvale, Calif., last weekend.
“The band practiced for months to perfect their performance,” said band director Nick Jacques, who is in his second year as a middle school band director, his first at Carson Middle School.
The advanced band, made up of seventh- and eighth-grade musicians who auditioned for their spot in the group, earned a superior rating from each of the judges, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, the band also earned first place among the field of four middle school bands that competed that day.
Band members also enjoyed a pizza party and attended two theme parks during the trip.
“Thanks to the hard work of the students and chaperones, and the endless support of the parents and community,” Jacques said.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City