Carson motorcyclist killed in crash identified as Kyle Banko
March 4, 2013
(AP) – The Nevada Highway Patrol says a motorcyclist has been killed after he tried to pass a car in a no passing zone on the winding mountain highway connecting Reno to Virginia City.
The victim was identified as 24-year-old Kyle Banko of Carson City. He died from injuries he suffered in Saturday’s crash about 2 p.m. on State Highway 341 about five miles south of the intersection with U.S. Highway 395.
Trooper Michael Edgell says Banko was on a sport bike headed down the hill on the Geiger Grade toward Reno when he tried to pass a Subaru Outback near a lookout point. Investigators say he clipped the left side of the vehicle and was ejected from the cycle. No one else was hurt. Both highway lanes reopened about 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016