Carson sheriff schedules Citizens Academy
May 15, 2014
Sheriff Ken Furlong says a new Citizens Academy will begin June 4 for area residents interested in law enforcement and how the sheriff's department operates.
Participants will learn about patrol operations, arrest procedures, drug and graffiti abatement and tactics, among other things.
The Academy is open to adults 18 and up with a preference to Carson City residents, local merchants and their employees. There is no charge for the class.
Applications are available at the sheriff's office, 911 E. East Musser St., and must be completed and turned in by the close of business on June 2.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition