Carson sheriff urges drivers to use caution during Street Vibrations
September 21, 2013
Thousands of motorcyclists are projected to be arriving in Carson City and the surrounding area this week for the annual Street Vibrations celebration.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office urges drivers to pay attention to those riding to prevent crashes. As this is a three-day event, which will go into the evening hours, both drivers and riders should be alert and take appropriate actions to avoid crashes. Slow down when approaching crosswalks, especially at night when visibility is limited.
"This year's celebration will have additional events being held in the downtown corridor as well as those held at Harley-Davidson," said Sheriff Ken Furlong. "Please use extra caution and allow ample time to reach your destination."
The office reminds Street Vibration-goers to enjoy the festivities, but don't drink and drive or ride.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population