Carson Station’s name gets an update
December 31, 2013
Carson Station in downtown Carson City now is known as Wyndham Gardens Carson Station Casino Hotel and no longer is affiliated with Best Western, according to a hotel-casino spokesman.
Temporary banners will be replaced eventually with new signs out front, said Mitch Truswell of Red 7 Communications. Other new things also are in the works, he said.
“There are some exciting changes and improvements coming in the months and years ahead,” Truswell said. He said the hotel and casino also plans an official grand opening under the new name at some point.
The property is owned by 777 Gaming of Las Vegas, Truswell said.
“Since purchasing the property in July of 2011,” he said, “777 Gaming has made significant capital improvements to guest rooms, Station Restaurant, the casino and other amenities.”
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation