Carson Station’s name gets an update
December 31, 2013
Carson Station in downtown Carson City now is known as Wyndham Gardens Carson Station Casino Hotel and no longer is affiliated with Best Western, according to a hotel-casino spokesman.
Temporary banners will be replaced eventually with new signs out front, said Mitch Truswell of Red 7 Communications. Other new things also are in the works, he said.
"There are some exciting changes and improvements coming in the months and years ahead," Truswell said. He said the hotel and casino also plans an official grand opening under the new name at some point.
The property is owned by 777 Gaming of Las Vegas, Truswell said.
"Since purchasing the property in July of 2011," he said, "777 Gaming has made significant capital improvements to guest rooms, Station Restaurant, the casino and other amenities."
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary