Carson students awarded scholarships
June 9, 2014
Carson City’s Ryan Doherty, Marcella Rico and Maddison Saarem are three of 19 students who were awarded a $1,000 scholarship certificate from Greater Nevada Credit Union.
Doherty plans to attend University of Redlands in California; Rico plans to attend Western Nevada College; Saarem plans to attend University of Nevada, Reno.
The scholarships were awarded on a competitive basis and winners were selected based on their financial need, academic performance, personal statement, recommendations from school and community leaders and community involvement. Funds can be used for tuition, course registration, special class or laboratory fees, room and board, textbooks and class materials.
Ninety-three students throughout Northern Nevada applied for the scholarship program, which GNCU has offered for the past 15 years.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016