Carson Valley Trails Association hosts Hike for Health
September 13, 2012
The Carson Valley Trails Association will host a free Hike for Health family day from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 22 at the Fay-Luther Trail.
All families who participate in this year’s Hike for Health will receive a complimentary 2012 Nevada State Parks pass. Participants must sign a release and waiver form. A parent or guardian signature is required for participants age 17 and under. Dogs are not allowed.
Below is the schedule of activities:
• 8-9:30 a.m.: Jr. Birder Program with Jim Woods from Birding Under Nevada Skies. Participants complete activities and earn the Jr. Birder patch. Ages 5-8; limited to 30 participants.
• 10-11:30 a.m.: “Get Connected to Nature” with Kirk Hardie from the Tahoe Institute of Natural Science. Stroll through the forest and learn about local wildlife and plants while interacting with nature. Age 8 and up; limited to 25 participants.
• Ongoing from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Nature Crafts. Use items on the trail to create a colorful nature collage to take home.
• Ongoing from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Fay-Luther Trail Treasures. Take a family hike on the Fay-Luther Trail.
For more information, contact Chic and Sue Moxley, 775-265-0766, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016