Carson woman arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer
April 15, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 3:15 a.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3900 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of first-offense DUI, minor consuming and driving without headlights. Bail was set at $1,451.
• 10:06 p.m.: A 40-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1700 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of battery on a peace officer, a gross misdemeanor. She allegedly punched a deputy in the shoulder and cursed at him after he advised her to go home because of her intoxication. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 8:04 a.m.: A 24-year-old Reno man was arrested at Roop and Oregon Streets on suspicion of second-offense DUI, leaving the scene of an accident and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. The man allegedly struck a telephone pole, then left the scene. Bail was set at $3,737.
• 12:42 p.m.: A 51-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 500 block of Evalyn Drive on suspicion of obstructing and inciting a riot. The man was allegedly playing football with a group of about 30 other people at Governors Field. According the arrest report, he refused to give his name to a deputy responding to a trespassing report. “(He) shouted at the crowd that they didn’t have to listen to me, and that they in fact shouldn’t,” the deputy wrote in his report. “(He) continued to encourage them to disobey my orders and to do as they pleased, which included coming much closer to me than I ever felt safe or comfortable.” Bail was set at $937.
• 1:03 a.m.: Michael Robson, of Carson City, was arrested in the 1000 block of Ashby Court on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation, a felony. He allegedly punched, pushed and choked a woman. Bail was set at $15,000.
• 11:11 p.m.: David Andrew Sleeman, 25, was arrested at East Proctor and North Carson streets on a felony fugitive-from-justice warrant out of Stanislaus County in California. Bail was set at $50,000.
• 8:37 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City furniture mover was arrested in the 1400 block of North Edmonds Drive on suspicion of ex-felon failing to register and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $887.
• 12:57 a.m.: A 30-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the corner of Fall and East William streets on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $4,132.
• 3:44 p.m.: Ryan Williams Riggs, 26, as arrested in the 3000 block of Clear Creek Road on an outstanding warrant for conspiracy to violate the uniform Controlled Substances Act, a felony. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 8:28 a.m.: A 43-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 200 block of David Street on suspicion of violation of a suspended sentence, ex-felon failure to register and obstructing a police officer. Bail was set at $3,557.
• 6:15 p.m.: A 57-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1800 block of Fall Street on suspicion of petit larceny. He allegedly stole an empty cash box from the top of a slot machine in a casino. Bail was set at $352.
• 7:02 p.m.: A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3300 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of peit larceny. He allegedly admitted to stealing alcohol. Bail was set at $347.
• 12:34 a.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the corner of Desert Peach and Christmas Tree drives on suspicion of failure to maintain a lane and first-offense DUI. Bail was set at $1,224.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.