Carson woman identified as victim in Douglas County accident
October 8, 2012
Carson City resident Lynette Lucille Cieri, 63, was identified as the victim in Saturday’s rollover accident on Mottsville Lane in Douglas County.
According to a statement issued by the Nevada Highway Patrol, Cieri was westbound on Mottsville when she entered the north dirt shoulder before overcorrecting back onto the highway and overturning, ejecting her, according to information released by Spokeswoman Barabara Stapleton of the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A preliminary investigation indicates that Cieri wasn’t wearing her seatbelt, and may have been going faster than the posted speed limit of 45 mph.
Mottsville was closed for five hours in both directions for the investigation.
Witnesses or anyone with additional information are encouraged to contact Trooper Kris Satterwhite of the Major Accident Investigation Team at (775) 434-4895 and reference accident No. 121005638.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts