Carter in charge of sesquicentennial
July 10, 2013
The Nevada 150 Planning Committee has named Esther Carter executive director of Nevada's Sesquicentennial celebration. The yearlong celebration is set to launch on this year's Nevada Day culminating on Oct. 31, 2014.
Carter has more than 16 years' experience in strategic market planning, advertising, public relations and special event planning, production and execution. During her time spent as executive director of the Las Vegas Centennial, she assisted with planning and implementing the 100th birthday celebration for the City of Las Vegas.
"I am really looking forward to building awareness around Nevada's 150th birthday celebration, and encouraging people to get excited about our state and communities and learn a little history along the way,"Carter said.
Throughout the year, Nevadans and tourists will be encouraged to participate in more than 150 events, share the state's heritage through cultural and arts programs and engage in initiatives and activities that make the state of Nevada unique.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water