Cause of power outage unknown
June 5, 2012
At 6:40 p.m. Sunday, a transmission line between the Brunswick Substation in Carson City and the Buckeye Substation in Gardnerville tripped.
According to Karl Walquist, of NV Energy’s corporate communications, the trip resulted in an outage for 5,904 customers, including those served by the Brunswick and Curry substations in Carson City and the Heybourne, Minden and Glenbrook Substations in Douglas County.
Customers in downtown Carson City regained power at 7:43 p.m. Customers in Minden-Gardnerville were back in service by 6:46 p.m. And those at Glenbrook were back in service by 7:56 p.m.
The cause of the outage is unknown; a crew was patrolling the line on Monday to try to determine what caused the fault.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 injured in deputy involved shooting outside Carson Nugget
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Teri’s Notebook: Carson City community rallies around man who had bike stolen
- Fremont Elementary eliminates early drop-offs
- HopeFULL environment at 7th annual Carson Tahoe HopeFest