Celebration of Chinese New Year is on Saturday
February 20, 2013
The Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada will host a Chinese New Year Celebration from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
The event includes crafts such as dragon head puppets, Chinese lanterns and calligraphy lessons. Activities include Chinese jump rope, origami and lessons on how to use chopsticks.
The Tsuru No Kai Taiko Drums will perform.
Admission is $3 for children ages 2-13; $5 for adults 14 and older; $4 for seniors 55 and older; and free for toddlers 1 and younger.
The museum is at 813 N. Carson St. For more information, call 775-884-2226 or go to childrensmuseumnn.info.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’