Celebration of Chinese New Year is on Saturday
February 20, 2013
The Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada will host a Chinese New Year Celebration from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
The event includes crafts such as dragon head puppets, Chinese lanterns and calligraphy lessons. Activities include Chinese jump rope, origami and lessons on how to use chopsticks.
The Tsuru No Kai Taiko Drums will perform.
Admission is $3 for children ages 2-13; $5 for adults 14 and older; $4 for seniors 55 and older; and free for toddlers 1 and younger.
The museum is at 813 N. Carson St. For more information, call 775-884-2226 or go to childrensmuseumnn.info.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts