Cemetery irrigation problems temporary
July 15, 2014
Irrigation system issues are causing temporary problems involving the Lone Mountain Cemetery, the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department said Tuesday.
Department personnel said the city "is informing our citizens that we are experiencing some irrigation system issues related to a recent conversion of the irrigation of the facility from reclaimed water to potable water." The news release was attributed to Scott Fahrenbruch, the department's deputy director, and indicated a low pressure problem has resulted.
"The low pressure situation has caused some of the turf to be stressed, although it is still being watered to minimize the impact," according to Fahrenbruch. The turf isn't permanently damaged or dying, and it will recover as problems are resolved.
"We are working with the Carson City Public Works Department to make the necessary improvements in as timely a manner as possible," the release from Fahrenbruch reported.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts