Child run over at complex
April 25, 2013
A child sustained substantial injuries after reportedly being run over at the Carson Meadows apartments parking lot Wednesday afternoon.
The child was transported by medical helicopter to the Renown hospital in Reno, said Bob Charles, Carson City Fire Department battalion chief.
The fire department received a call at 2:32 p.m., he said.
The helicopter landed on the old Boys and Girls Club lawn between Stewart and Roop streets.
"We just happened to be training (there) with seasonals," he said.
Charles added the field was a better place to land the helicopter than a city street, which would have been closed.
The child was run over by a vehicle and then taken inside by parents, who then called 911, Charles said. The incident is being investigated by the Carson City Sheriff's Office.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts