Chili cookoff planned July 12-13
July 6, 2014
The International Chili Society's High Sierra Regional Chili Cookoff and Nevada Capital Chili Cookoff will be July 12-13 at Glen Eagles, where cooks will submit red chili, chile verde and salsa for judgement. Salsa will be judged at noon, chile verde at 1 p.m. and red chili at 3.
Prize money and trophies will be awarded, and winners of each category on each day will qualify for the World's Championship Chili Cookoff in October. Winners of red chili and chile verde also qualify for the World Food Championships Nov. 12-18 in Las Vegas.
The event offers a craft fair, live music, a dunk tank, military vehicle rides, patriotic displays and more.
This year's proceeds go to Honor Flight, a nonprofit that takes veterans to Washington, D.C.
For more information, call Bob Grayson at 775-882-6878, 775-883-1997, or fax 775-885-7852, or email Hotairbob@aol.com.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19