Chromalloy announces 48 more layoffs
September 22, 2012
Another 48 Chromalloy employees received layoff notices this past week.
Cathy Gadvilas, director of corporate communication for the multi-national company, said the layoffs reduce the company’s Carson City workforce to about 230.
“Chromalloy’s Nevada facility has continued to experience a decline in work due to reductions in military spending, a flat economy in Asia and economic issues in Europe affecting our commercial aerospace business,” she said.
The reduction comes just a month after the company cut its Carson City workforce by 100. The company had about 380 western Nevada employees just two months ago.
Chromalloy’s policy has been to provide those laid off with a severance benefit.
Chromalloy does high-tech repairs, coatings and reengineered parts for jet engines and other turbine engines for both commercial and industrial applications as well as the military. But the military has provided the primary source of work in the company’s Arrowhead and Industrial Park plants in Carson City.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’